What kind of a leader am I?
What kind of a leader do I want to be?
What am I learning?
Where am I growing?
What is my Leadership Mission?
Leadership for Organizational Excellence
Successful managers must be able to effectively…
· Support corporate initiatives through the accomplishment of department goals.
· Channel their people’s efforts in the appropriate direction in order to accomplish those goals.
· Acquire specialized knowledge and skills relevant to managing people and helping them accomplish predictable results.
Effective leaders must build on those managerial skills, plus…
· Have an instinctual understanding about human nature, and why people act the way that they do.
· Be able to observe their people’s behavior and analyze and respond to it in an objective, supportive, and constructive manner.
· Encourage, enable and recognize their people for their performance.